12 Benefits of Turmeric & A Turmeric Latte Recipe
Turmeric is one of the most used ingredients in an Indian Dish. It has been in use for over 2500 years. Though the benefits and the reason for use were not known, it has slowly started revealing themselves in recent researches.
It is long known for its health benefits such as having an anti-inflammatory property, and even recent researches have revealed that it is beneficial for treatments such as cancer to that of Alzheimer's.
Researchers have found that black pepper with curcumin increases the body's capability to absorb curcumin, which is the active ingredient within turmeric.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Brain Tumors: Researches have found that turmeric curcumin has the capability to induce cell death for aggressive brain tumor that is resistant to chemotherapy and radiation.
- Prostate Cancer : This study has identified that turmeric, when combined with cauliflower could prevent or halt prostate cancer.
- Skin Cancer : Researches have found during a study that turmeric curcumin has promise in fighting skin cancer.
- Lukemia : It was revealed during a French Study that curcumin induced cell death of the main molecular myeloma. The study was concluded with recommendations to follow through with more research in this area. This Blog shows how the person though being a "smouldering myeloma" could keep it at bay with curcumin
- Alzheimer's Prevention : One of the most existing strength or benefits of turmeric the health support it provides to the brain. This may be the reason why elders in India have low rates of Alzheimer's disease, due to their high intake of turmeric. A study shows that curcumin slows the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
- Eye Health : Various studies have shown the benefits of Turmeric curcumin to help improve the eye health.
- Weight Loss : Researches have found curcumin is a powerful superfood to fight obesity and assist weight loss.
- Pain Killer & Anti-inflammatory : Curcumin is a natural painkiller, and a study even compares it to ibuprofen for the relief it can provide against pain for patients with degenerative knee joints.
- Liver Health : Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier, a study shows how it may protect the liver against alcohol-induced liver damage.
- Depression : Another study shows that curcumin is effective in helping people with major depression. The study compares people taking prozac or curcumin with people taking both, and the results showed people taking both prozac and curcumin benefits the best.
- Better Sleep : Curcumin may also been very effective in preventing anxiety and sleep deprivation
- Antibacterial: it has great antibacterial properties, such as disinfecting wounds and also can be taken orally in capsule form.
Turmeric Latte Recipe:
- Warm 1 cup of Almond Milk (or Coconut Milk) for a few minutes
- Add 1 teaspoon of Turmeric Latte Powder into a mug
- Now pour the milk of choice into the mug containing Turmeric Latte Powder
- Mix in one teaspoon of Active Manuka Honey 15+
- Add a pinch of cinnamon on top
* you can start with one teaspoon of Turmeric Latte Powder, and build up to a tablespoon suiting your taste.