Probiotics Antibiotic Support (formerly Pro-B- Antibiotic Support ) At Natural Zealand
- Lessen the reduction in intestinal microflora during antibiotic therapy
- Restore flora to pre-treatment levels during antibiotic therapy
- Support normal stool consistency
- Support recovery from infection
- Support the beneficial outcomes of taking antibiotics
The word antibiotic comes from Greek ‘anti’ meaning against and ‘bios’ meaning life. Antibiotics are used to reduce bacterial infections in the body; however through their non-selective antibacterial actions they simultaneously reduce the numbers of beneficial intestinal microflora.
The gut is home to many organisms including ‘harmful’ ones that are usually kept in check by our own immune system and the beneficial microflora. A reduction in microflora numbers can allow these organisms to flourish leading to disruption in gastrointestinal health.
Two pathogens commonly involved are Candida albicans and Clostridium difficile. An infection with either of these microbes can negatively impact the health of the intestines and urinary tracts, leading to symptoms such as cystitis, oral and genital thrush (itching, redness, burning, discharge, oral plaque), bloating, gas, diarrhoea, nausea, cramping, abdominal pain and fatigue. A reduction in intestinal microflora can also lead to a weakening of immune function in general and to secondary infections.
Science has shown that certain strains of probiotic can help preserve intestinal microflora numbers during antibiotic therapy, and help to restore numbers to pre treatment levels after antibiotic therapy, helping to reduce the likelihood of developing these types of concerns.
- Take 1 capsule daily. Best taken 2 hours after antibiotics.
This product is shelf-stable - This product does not require refrigeration
Not recommended for children under 2 years.
Each veg-capsule contains:
- Probio-Tec QUATRO 4.5 billion Live CFU
- Bifidobacterium animalis spp.lactis BB-12®
- Lactobacillus acidophilus La-5®
- Streptococcus thermophilus STY-31
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii spp. bulgaricus LBY-27
100% vegetarian. Cellulose, titanium dioxide capsule, glucose, magnesium stearate. No casein, contains lactose (<5%), may contain traces of gluten.